Diwali Sweets Recipes To Delight Your Kids And Your Palate
By Bharat Peripleko
Sweets are the best way to shower your Diwali blessings on your loved ones. Sweeten your palate and delight your kids with some of the best-loved Diwali sweets recipes on the Indian continent.
This is one of the favorite Diwali recipes and this sweet is easy to prepare.
- One cup of coarse wheat flour
- 1½ cup of blanched almonds
- 1 teaspoon of cardamom powder
- ¼ teaspoon of crushed saffron strands
- 1 tablespoon of warm milk
- 8 to 10 blanched almonds finely chopped in to silvers
- 1¼ cup of ghee
- 3 cup of water
- 1 cup of sugar
How to prepare Almond Seera
Firstly the crushed saffron and dissolved in the warm milk. Keep this saffron milk aside. Dry and powder the blanched almonds. Keep aside 10 almonds for garnishing.
Melt ghee in a large and heavy pan and add some flour to it. Stir and fry this mixture for about 2 to 3 minutes. Then add some almond powder to the mixture and again stir and fry the mixture till it becomes golden and give a nice aroma.
The mixture has to be continuously stirred. Add some water and again stir and cook it. Add some sugar to it. When the ghee exudes, add cardamom and saffron to the mixture. Then stir and place the dish prepared in to a serving dish and garnish with the chopped almonds.
Kheer is a very common dessert among Indians and is prepared at almost all festivals and celebrations. Kheer can be made of vermicelli or rice and the important ingredients are milk and sugar.
- Milk – 1 liter
- 200 grams of rice ( soak the rice half an hour before cooking)
- Finely chopped cashew nuts
- 4 to 5 pieces of cardamom
- A few raisins
How to prepare Kheer:
Pour milk in a pan and boil it for a few minute. Keep the flame low. Stir the milk continuously to become little thick. Put some sugar in the milk and continuously stir it until the sugar melts in the milk.
When the milk is ready, put the rice in to the milk and boil it for sometimes while stirring is at intervals. When the rice is cooked, garnish it with chopped cashew nuts, cardamoms and raisins.
Khoya Laddu is the most famous of all khoya sweets and one of the the most appetizing dish prepared during Diwali.
- 2 cups of Khoya
- Powdered sugar
- 1½ cups of powdered and roasted til (sesame seeds)
- Kesar (saffron)
- Chopped pistas and almonds
Preparation of Khoya Laddu:
Roast the khoya in a low flame till it becomes golden yellow color. Let it cool for some time and after cooling add some coarsely powdered sesame seeds to the khoya and mix it well. Add the sugar when the above mixture becomes lukewarm.
Mix it well and make in to the shape of small balls. Ensure that the mixture should not be too hot or else the sugar will melt and perfect balls would not be made. Finally decorate with kesar, almonds and pistas.
Bharat Peripleko offers Diwali Sweets and Diwali Sweets Recipes from Giftstoindians.com
This article may be reproduced with the complete author bio and a live link back to http://www.lovingyourchild.com
- 120 Fun Kids Recipes – Download it with our compliments when you optin to our newsletter and confirm your subscription.
- Cooking Tips From Around the World: A Culinary Travel Adventure – An enhanced e-cookbook with recipes, tips, photos and videos from some of the best culinary professional worldwide. Travel to New Zealand, Australia, Hong Kong, Singapore, Bali and Europe.
- Yummy Healthy Tummy: Kids Healthy Eating Guide – Get your children eating healthy food and cut out all the junk. fast, easy and cheap recipes for busy moms.
Seviya Kheer – Indian Dessert Recipe