Fun And Easy Baking Recipes For Kids To Cook
By Kiera S. Campbell
Baking is one of the best activities you can get your child into. Why? That’s because baking is usually the safest and closest thing to cooking for kids, especially the young ones.
As you encourage them to delve into cooking and baking, this can bring joy not only to you but to your child as well. (Remember, your child is innately curious about a lot of things, baking included.)
Aside from being a fun activity that you and your kids can get into, getting kids involved in the kitchen can help teach them how to make healthy food choices.
According to “Yummy Healthy Tummy: The Secrets of Raising Healthy Kids Every Parent Needs to Know”, it is one of the many ways you can try to get children to try, enjoy and prefer healthy food.
Here are some simple recipes that your kids can help you make. If they’re a bit older and are responsible enough to use the oven by themselves, they can even do this on their own.
2 and ½ cups of flour
1 tablespoon of flour
4 teaspoons baking powder
½ cup of sugar
½ teaspoon of salt
¼ cup melted and cooled butter
1 cup of milk
1 teaspoon of vanilla
1 and ½ cup of blueberries.
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Grease muffin pan (preferably 12 cups).
3. Combine 2 1/2 cups of flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
4. In a different bowl, combine butter, egg, milk and vanilla. Add this to the flour mix and stir until you achieve a moist consistency. Do not over-stir.
5. In a separate bowl, combine blueberries with a tablespoon of flour; add to the batter.
6. Place in muffin tin. Sprinkle the tops with sugar and bake for about 20 to 25 minutes.
¾ cup of melted butter
1 and ½ cups of sugar
1 and ½ teaspoon of vanilla
½ cup of cocoa powder
¾ cups of flour
1 teaspoon of salt
½ teaspoon of baking powder
1 cup toasted nuts (chopped)
1 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips.
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Grease a 13×9 baking pan.
3. First, beat butter, eggs, sugar and vanilla in a bowl. Add cocoa, flour, baking powder and salt. Add nuts and chips.
4. Pour into pan and bake for 20 to 22 minutes.
Devil’s Food Cupcakes
(Note: An electric mixer will make your job easier. You can also let the older kids time the mixing and have them operate the device.)
1 and ¾ cups sifted cake flour
1 ¼ cups of sugar
1 ¼ teaspoons of baking soda
½ cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
½ teaspoon of salt
½ cup of vegetable shortening
1 cup of milk
1 and ½ teaspoons of vanilla.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Combine flour, sugar, salt, cocoa and baking soda in a large bowl. Add shortening and ¾ cup of milk. Beat at low speed with an electric mixer (preferred) for half a minute to combine, then 2 minutes on high speed.
3. Add remaining milk, eggs and vanilla and beat for another 2 minutes.
4. Put in muffin paper cups half full.
5. Bake for about 20 minutes or until the tops spring back when lightly pressed. Cool on wire racks.
Looking for more tips like these on cooking healthy for kids? Head on over to Yummy Healthy Tummy to get more tips and information not only on how you can serve healthy food to your kids, but more importantly, on how you can get your kids to LOVE eating healthy.
Remember, healthy eating is the best weapon we can leave our children with that will help them live longer and healthier lives free from diseases like obesity, diabetes, cancer and heart attacks. Start now while your kids are still young!
Kiera S. Campbell is the author of “Yummy Healthy Tummy: The Secrets of Raising Healthy Kids Every Parent Needs to Know!” She can teach you how you can help your children grow up to love and choose healthy eating for life.
- Free Report: The Seven Deadly Childhood Nutrition Myths – Protect your children from the 7 deadly nutrition myths that are robbing them of vibrant health. Do away with heartless corporate nutrition recommendations. Download this free report and learn the three questions you Must ask when grocery shopping for your children.
- Healthy Eating for Kids – Make proper eating an adventure that children will actively enjoy. Cook healthy meals that are not only nutritious, but which appeal to a child’s palate and sense of fun at the same time.
- Yummy Healthy Tummy: Kids Healthy Eating Guide – Fast, easy and cheap recipes for busy moms to get your children eating healthy food and cut out all the junk. Get more tips and information not only on how you can serve healthy food to your kids, but more importantly, on how you can get your kids to LOVE eating healthy.
How to make chocolate cookies